The culture at Schechter Dokken Kanter Andrews & Selcer (SDK) is evident the minute you walk in the door. We believe in teamwork and in treating each other with care and respect. This philosophy, in turn, is how we aspire to work with our clients. We have an open door policy and believe in every member of our team working with clients. It is this nurturing of employees and clients that sets us apart and is clearly stated in the firm’s mission:
To help our clients and people maximize their business and personal potential.
We do this by:
- Providing proactive, forward-looking services which anticipates needs, initiates constructive discussions, and attains future goals.
- Producing solutions tailored to individual circumstances which includes developing creative alternatives, injecting knowledge, and partnering with other professionals to reach desired results.
- Being responsive and timely as critical events occur and easily accessible to answer questions.
Our service is underpinned with the qualities you would expect including open communication, high quality standards, professionalism and dedication.
In fulfilling our mission, we believe in the following values:
- Care & Respect – We treat each other with care & respect and hold each accountable.
- Integrity – We do what is best for our clients and people.
- Continual Learning – We constantly seek new knowledge in an effort to apply our expertise on client’s behalf with creative solutions.
- Superior Service – We are responsive and deliver our services with quality, speed and timeliness.
- Community Service – We serve our community to make a difference in the world.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – We challenge each other and utilize the talents and experiences of team members in a collaborative effort.
We actively support many charities both financially and in service. Most notable is the fact that each fall the firm celebrates its roots and beginning by spending a day in service. We close our doors for a day and work with a local charity; supporting their efforts and providing needed work. It brings the employees closer and brings to light the difference businesses can make in the community.
SDKers participate in a variety of personal endeavors — community, civic, religious and educational organizations – in an effort to make a difference. We support them as they live out our values and ideals in their own communities. We think this gives everyone a well-rounded perspective and also makes them more aware of the superior client service we demand for our clients.