Each year in the month of December, SDK CPA participates in an event to celebrate the founding of the firm, known internally as Founder’s Day. The event, designed to celebrate two of the company’s founding principles of community engagement and social responsibility, brought employees together outside of the office for a day of giving back. As we look back on 2023, it is important that we also reflect on the values that are core to SDK CPA.
- Care & Respect
- We treat each other with care & respect and hold each accountable.
- We do what is best for our clients and people.
- Continual Learning
- We constantly seek new knowledge in an effort to apply our expertise on client’s behalf with creative solutions.
- Superior Service
- We are responsive and deliver our services with quality, speed and timeliness.
- Community Service
- We serve our community to make a difference in the world.
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- We challenge each other and utilize the talents and experiences of team members in a collaborative effort.
One of the standout features of the event was the variety of volunteer activities available, catering to different interests and skill sets. Participants had the option to engage in activities such as community clean-up, food drives, and educational workshops. This diversity allowed everyone to contribute in a way that resonated with their passions and strengths, fostering a sense of inclusivity and collective accomplishment. Two of the biggest groups of SDKers volunteered at either Second Harvest Heartland or Arc’s Value Village.
SDK CPA’s Founder’s Day Volunteer Event was not just about giving back but also about acknowledging the efforts of those who participated. The company took the time to recognize and appreciate the hard work of volunteers, both internally and externally. This not only boosted morale but also reinforced the idea that every individual’s contribution, regardless of its scale, plays a crucial role in creating positive change.