IRS Dirty Dozen: The 2023 List of Scams and Schemes
The Dirty Dozen is an annual IRS list of 12 scams and schemes that put taxpayers and the tax professional community at risk of losing money, personal data and more. Some items on the list are new, and some make a return visit. While the list is not a legal document or a formal listing of agency enforcement priorities, it is intended to alert taxpayers, businesses and tax preparers about scams at large.
The list for 2023 is underway and you can view each warning here: 2023 IRS Dirty Dozen
Contact SDK With Any Questions
The team at SDK is here to support you with answers to any questions you may have during tax season and beyond. Our CPAs are passionate about sound financial strategies and bring excellence to the accounting industry every day. They are competent, diligent, highly motivated and responsive – all for you. Reach out to us today at 612-332-5500 or by email at email@example.com.
Looking for more information? View previous lists here:
- 2022 – IRS wraps up 2022 Dirty Dozen scams list: agency urges taxpayers to watch out for tax avoidance strategies
- 202 – IRS announces Dirty Dozen tax scams for 2021
- 2020 – IRS unveils Dirty Dozen list of tax scams for 2020; Americans urged to be vigilant to these threats during the pandemic and its aftermath
- 2019 – IRS concludes Dirty Dozen list of tax scams for 2019: Agency encourages taxpayers to remain vigilant year-round
- 2018 – IRS wraps up Dirty Dozen list of tax scams for 2018; encourages taxpayers to remain vigilant
- 2017 – IRS Summarizes Dirty Dozen List of Tax Scams for 2017
- 2016 – IRS Wraps Up the Dirty Dozen List of Tax Scams for 2016
- 2015 – IRS Completes the Dirty Dozen Tax Scams for 2015
- 2014 – IRS Releases the Dirty Dozen Tax Scams for 2014